ViEW aims to:
• promote and support excellence and international cooperation in veterinary education.
• provide an international network for discourse amongst veterinary educators and cooperation in veterinary educational research.
ViEW aims to be an inclusive association, and membership is therefore open to anyone with an interest in developing and promoting excellence in the education of veterinary professionals, or undertaking research into veterinary education.
• The annual ViEW Educational Meeting will continue to provide the main focus for the association’s activities, and will normally be juxtaposed to, and be a component of, the annual Association for Medical Education in Europe (AMEE) conference.
• An Annual General Meeting (AGM) of ViEW members will occur once a year.
• Other ViEW meetings and activities may be organised on an ad-hoc basis.
The following officers* will be appointed to represent ViEW:
*Note that depending on circumstances, one ViEW member may be charged with more than one of roles 1-3.
• Initial terms of office will be for a period of two years, however, these may be renewed on a rolling basis.
• ViEW officers are responsible for the management of ViEW within the directions agreed by members at the AGM.
• The President is responsible for ensuring that an AGM of ViEW members occurs once a year.
• In addition to those officers named above, a subset of ViEW members will be appointed on an annual basis with specific collective responsibilities for organising the ViEW Educational Meeting.
• The quorum for decisions on ViEW will be those members voting either at the time or in advance of the AGM
• The agenda for the AGM will be circulated to ViEW members 4 weeks in advance with electronic voting available as necessary
• Individual members will be asked to register their details via the website. There are no dues for membership.
• Other income generating activities (such as sponsorship) will be discussed on an individual basis with appointed ViEW officers.
• ViEW is established as a sub-organization of AMEE [to be confirmed at 2008 AGM].
• ViEW will also consider developing informal links with the Association of American Veterinary Medical Colleges (AAVMC), the American Veterinary Medical Association (AVMA), the Federation of Veterinarians in Europe (FVE) and the European Association of Establishments for Veterinary Education (EAEVE).